Another S-Press Success in Italy
We recently installed a S-PRESS retrofit at the company S.I.F.A., situated in central Italy and owned by the Trasarti brothers.
S.I.F.A. made the decision to decommission their existing shoe-type heat transfer system and replace it with S-PRESS. This important decision was made with the expectation of eliminating constant down-warp problems when running E-flute at speeds of 250 m/min.
Following the first two weeks after the installation, the customer was particularly pleased not only because the down-warp problem was resolved, but the S-PRESS had also given even more benefits, including:
- Flatter, drier board.
- Reduced glue consumption, i.e. 1 gsm/m2 reduction.
- Reduced main drive power consumption of between 30kW - 40kW.
- Increase in double-wall speeds to 250 m/min.
- Increase in E-flute speeds up to 300 m/min.
- Elimination of edge-bond problems on all 7 paper widths.